Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company (FSL) and Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company of New York (FSLNY) continue to monitor developments in the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and adjust our business procedures accordingly.
Our goal has always been -- and will continue to be -- the safety of our employees as well as our ability to provide uninterrupted service to our policyholders and partners.
What FSL and FSLNY Are Doing
Our headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri, has reopened to employees on a voluntary basis. The city has lifted its indoor mask mandate. Facemasks are not required to be worn. FTJ encourages staff and visitors to follow guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC):
- To reduce the risk of being infected with the Delta variant and possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- You may choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if a member of your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated.
- You should still get tested is you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should get tested 5-7 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should be tested and stay home and away from others.
- If your test result is positive, isolate at home for 10 days.
- Keep taking precautions until you are fully vaccinated.
FTJ adheres to all COVID-19 worksite regulation promulgated by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Currently, staffing at headquarters remains below 50%, as a majority of employees continue to work remotely. All remote workers have the capacity to perform their job functions virtually.
FSL and FSLNY also have lifted all restrictions on essential business travel for employees. Your FSL-FSLNY account manager remains available for questions, concerns, or additional assistance in addition to his or her regular program support.
New York Department of Financial Services Directives
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 directives and guidance from the New York Department of Financial Services.
We want you to be aware that our coverage commitments during this COVID-19 pandemic include:
Alert for Consumers
Everyone is encouraged to be aware of scams related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Remain vigilant and be on the lookout for:
- Price gouging during financial disruptions
- Cyber scams where criminals seek to take advantage of the pandemic to steal money or sensitive personal information
- Social media, text, and robocall scams related to COVID-19
Also, before purchasing unsolicited insurance policies or changing the terms of your current insurance policy, please contact your insurance provider.
Following are links to official information about the COVID-19 Pandemic from national and international sources, as well as the state jurisdictions through which Fidelity Security Life companies are authorized.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) information:
U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, COVID Data Tracker:
World Health Organization, Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak information:
Missouri Department of Commerce & Insurance, COVID 19 Outbreak information:
New York Department of Financial Services, Coronavirus Information: