Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company (FSL) and Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company of New York (FSLNY) understand the uncertainty and apprehension on the part of our policyholders, business partners, and employees resulting from the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We continue to monitor the situation closely and have taken steps to assure that we can continue to provide service to our business partners and policyholders in an environment that is safe for all our team members.
What FSL and FSLNY Are Doing
We have activated our Pandemic Plan and infectious disease protocols in response to the adverse developments in the spread of COVID-19. FSL executives, senior management, and key managers are meeting regularly to review, assess, and respond to this quickly evolving crisis.
FSL is committed to maintaining customary service levels throughout the duration of the crisis, and we have implemented the following directives:
- FSL-FSLNY team members have remote work capability and have transitioned to work from home. Our headquarters offices remain open for a skeleton staff who are practicing social distancing.
- We have asked team members who exhibit symptoms COVID-19 to self-identify and remain homebound until tested and determined to be virus-free.
- We have postponed company meetings and internal gatherings and directed staff to use virtual meeting technology and teleconferences when feasible.
- We have cancelled all business travel through mid-April; this directive will be reviewed as the situation progresses.
Your FSL-FSLNY account manager remains available for questions, concerns, or additional assistance in addition to his or her regular program support.
We anticipate higher than normal call and email volume and ask for your patience in allowing us to respond.
New York Department of Financial Services Directives
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 directives and guidance from the New York Department of Financial Services.
We want you to be aware that our coverage commitments during this COVID-19 pandemic include:
- COVID-19 testing as prescribed by a medical professional and paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
- Telemedicine visits related to COVID-19 symptoms and paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
- Removal of prescription refill limitations on maintenance medications to assure up to a maximum 90-day supply is available, when paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
* Subject to the eligibility and timing conditions for amendments under the employer's plan. An employer should contact its TPA for guidance on any condition relative to the employer's sponsor's Excess Loss Contract with FSLNY.
- Grace Periods are being extended up to 60 days from the due date during which policies shall remain in force.
Notice to New Jersey Life Insurance Policyholders - COVID-19
For information about a grace period extension for payment of premium available to New Jersey life insurance policyholders, click here.
Alert for Consumers
Everyone is encouraged to be aware of scams related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Remain vigilant and be on the lookout for:
- Price gouging during financial disruptions
- Cyber scams where criminals seek to take advantage of the pandemic to steal money or sensitive personal information
- Social media, text, and robocall scams related to COVID-19
Also, before purchasing unsolicited insurance policies or changing the terms of your current insurance policy, please contact your insurance provider.
Following are links to official information about the COVID-19 Pandemic from national and international sources, as well as the state jurisdictions through which Fidelity Security Life companies are authorized.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) information:
World Health Organization, Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak information:
Missouri Department of Commerce & Insurance, COVID 19 Outbreak information:
New York Department of Financial Services, Coronavirus Information: