New York Department of Financial Services Directives
We are closely monitoring Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) directives and guidance from the New York Department of Financial Services.
We want you to be aware that our coverage commitments during the COVID-19 pandemic include:
- COVID-19 testing as prescribed by a medical professional and paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
- Telemedicine visits related to COVID-19 symptoms and paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
- Removal of prescription refill limitations on maintenance medications to assure up to a maximum 90-day supply is available, when paid by the Employer Sponsor as outlined in, or as amended by, the Sponsor's Plan will be reimbursed under the Excess Loss Policy.*
* Subject to the eligibility and timing conditions for amendments under the employer's plan. An employer should contact its TPA for guidance on any condition relative to the employer's sponsor's Excess Loss Contract with FSLNY.
- Grace Periods are being extended up to 60 days from the due date during which policies shall remain in force.
Notice to New Jersey Life Insurance Policyholders - COVID-19
For information about a grace period extension for payment of premium available to New Jersey life insurance policyholders, click here.
Alert for Consumers
Everyone is encouraged to be aware of scams related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Remain vigilant and be on the look-out for:
- Price gouging during financial disruptions
- Cyber scams where criminals seek to take advantage of the pandemic to steal money or sensitive personal information
- Social media, text, and robocall scams related to COVID-19
Also, before purchasing unsolicited insurance policies or changing the terms of your current insurance policy, please contact your insurance provider.